PTL! We had a surprise offering come in that covered the expense of the new printer we needed and some extra ink!
Be enouraged today that the Lord even cares about the small stuff!
It has been a CRAZY weekend - it just so happens that the weekend the Lord moves for us to be able to begin the actual process of relocating is the same weekend as our community garage sale. Now...I am not a fan of garage sales, but when you need to get rid of a bunch of stuff in a hurry and want to make a few bucks in the process, it's not a bad gig. His timing was perfect!
One amazing thing that happened on Friday was that a total stranger came by to shop. Once she heard why we were moving, she handed Brigit a check for $500 to help us with our relocation - SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!
We have so many things to do before our departure at the end of July, but I know that God is going to be faithful.
Our major prayer requests are that we can find the right vehicle and house in Costa Rica for our family - so please stand with us for this to come to pass! (We still need $12,000 to come in to get our truck.)
Thank you all so much for your encouraging words over the weekend; we sincerely appreciate them!
At this point, it looks like we are 95% sure we will finally get to move to Costa Rica. Here's all that has happened in just a few days:
1. We have someone to rent our home - they need it by July1st.
2. Our departure date wouldn't be until August 1st, so we needed somewhere to stay in July - tonight God provided that place.
3. Our neighborhood garage sale just happens to be this weekend - we can sell a bunch of stuff!
4. It looks like we may have a place to stay for free for the first 5 weeks in Costa Rica - confirmation on this to come...
5. Dave Thompson @ Indy's 1-800-Pack-Rat gave me a great deal on a container to store some of our things - FAVOR!
6. God is continuing to provide some big deals for me in my sales job right before we go - too cool.
To say that we are excited, and a bit nervous, would be an understatement. This has been a long time coming, and we still have a few hurdles to jump. Please keep the following in your prayers:
1. Sale of our vehicles
2. Good price on airline tickets
3. Long-term housing in Costa Rica
4. Remaining $12,000 to come in for our pick up truck in Costa Rica
As I look at all that the Lord has done in the last few days, I know that these other things will come to pass also! Thank you Jesus!
In the blink of an eye things have begun to transpire that could land us in Costa Rica by the beginning of August!
Too many details to put in this blog, but HOLD FAST because when God begins to move, NOTHING will get in His way!
More updates to come soon....
Genesis 14:22, 23 KJV
"And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:"
Who is your source of income today? Your job, your IRA? I am thankful that the Lord God Almighty is the source for all things for TOFM. I know he uses people, but ohh how we have learned to keep our eyes on Him and not on man!
I pray that you see Him in the same way - Jesus Christ is truly all you need!
Scott & Brigit Bogard
Founders of Touch of Fire Ministries, Inc. based out of Greenwood, Indiana.
Here are some links to some of our favorite books!
~ The Challenge of Missions (the BEST book on world missions we have every read!)
~ The End of America (I know it sounds bleak, but it is worth the read - end times type book)