At this point, it looks like we are 95% sure we will finally get to move to Costa Rica. Here's all that has happened in just a few days:
1. We have someone to rent our home - they need it by July1st.
2. Our departure date wouldn't be until August 1st, so we needed somewhere to stay in July - tonight God provided that place.
3. Our neighborhood garage sale just happens to be this weekend - we can sell a bunch of stuff!
4. It looks like we may have a place to stay for free for the first 5 weeks in Costa Rica - confirmation on this to come...
5. Dave Thompson @ Indy's 1-800-Pack-Rat gave me a great deal on a container to store some of our things - FAVOR!
6. God is continuing to provide some big deals for me in my sales job right before we go - too cool.
To say that we are excited, and a bit nervous, would be an understatement. This has been a long time coming, and we still have a few hurdles to jump. Please keep the following in your prayers:
1. Sale of our vehicles
2. Good price on airline tickets
3. Long-term housing in Costa Rica
4. Remaining $12,000 to come in for our pick up truck in Costa Rica
As I look at all that the Lord has done in the last few days, I know that these other things will come to pass also! Thank you Jesus!
In the blink of an eye things have begun to transpire that could land us in Costa Rica by the beginning of August!
Too many details to put in this blog, but HOLD FAST because when God begins to move, NOTHING will get in His way!
More updates to come soon....
I have just returned from a 10 day trip to CR with my dad. During this time I had the privilege of preaching at Iglesia de Osa down on the southwest Pacific coast. It was a great time of fellowship with a crowd of Tico, American and Canadian believers!
The Lord confirmed His direction for our lives and ministry through many, many people as my dad and I traveled through the country. Excitement does not begin to describe how I feel about this next step for our lives.
Please continue to pray for our truck fundraiser and the sale of our home.
Below are a few more photos from our trip!
Scott & Brigit Bogard
Founders of Touch of Fire Ministries, Inc. based out of Greenwood, Indiana.
Here are some links to some of our favorite books!
~ The Challenge of Missions (the BEST book on world missions we have every read!)
~ The End of America (I know it sounds bleak, but it is worth the read - end times type book)