TOFM Short term mission TRips
Come to COSTA RICA!
Since you've clicked on this link, we know you're more serious than ever before! So, now's your chance! See what others have asked, and feel free to share your own questions, too.
Got Questions? We have the answers...
- Is Costa Rica safe? ~ Yes, it is a safe and enjoyable spot on the map! Mostly sunny and warm year-round, with some rain.
- Can I drink the water? ~ Yes, right from the tap! We drink it every day and have not gotten sick one time - PTL!
- Will I be sleeping on a dirt floor and eating bugs? ~ No, abolutely not! Our hotel overlooks the Pacific Ocean and each room has a comfortable bed with A/C. In addition, the fresh fruit and fish will be a healthy change to your American diet! (There will be chicken, pork and beef on the menu, too!)
- What will the pace of the trip be? ~ We understand that everyone only gets so much time off from work each year. Most people will use their vacation time for this mission trip - with that in mind, we have put together a schedule that will allow you to have ministry time in the field, as well as relaxation time to unwind from your schedule at home.
- More questions? ~ Contact our ministry office and we will be happy to answer all of your questions. With 14 years of experience taking teams overseas, you can be confident that you will have a great time!
Trip focus / activities
The focus and activities will be trip specific. See the individual trip for specific details. Typical activities include street ministry, neighborhood evangelism, work projects, orphanage visits, gospel ministry in local public schools, and outreach projects with in country local ministries. TOFM is here to help organizations plan their trip(s).
Cost varies depending on the trip and time of year of the trip
TOFM trip costs cover your airfare, ground transportation, lodging, insurance, country exit fees, meals and free day activities. The only money you need to bring on the trip is a little souvenir cash!
Sign-up deadline ~ Deposit
A non-refundable deposit will be required to get signed up. See specific trip for deadlines and deposit amounts. Once you make the deposit payment (by clicking the donate link below) we will contact you in order to get the paperwork to you for the next step!
Yes, there are a few documents to be completed prior to the trip. This will include a Travel Release form which helps you determine if you need to get any updates to immunizations. You will also need a passport. More details will be provided as part of the trip planning activities.